Sunday, May 5, 2013

Its Almost Time

Hello Everyone,
      
      So I know that it had been a long time since my last blog. So just to update you all I am doing much better now! To finally feel that feeling of normality again is just an amazing feeling. I am mostly using a cane these days!! GO ME!! I have made a great amount of improvement in the last month and a half! I have also been able to start doing some of the things that I have been missing the most in the past year.
       For starters I must now warn all of you to stay off the roads and sidewalks because I am once again a insured driver!! Yep that's right I'm driving again! Yesterday was my first day back behind the wheel again. It felt great to be in the car and be able to go and get  a smoothie by myself. Haha! And that's not even the best thing that has happened in the last couple months!
      About two weeks ago I had my final choir performance with my school choir. I was able to STAND on stage and sing with my best friend Taylor Helmstetter. Everyone cried.....even me :). It just felt so amazing to be able to sing with my best friend again. Also I graduate on the 16th of this month and I have applied to go to Southeastern Louisiana University. I will be putting some senior pictures up soon. 
     I found out that I finished out my senior year with 4 A's and 1 B. I was so excited that I did that great! I would not have been able to do it with out the help of my friends, (Connor and Thomas who helped me with my math) family, (who encouraged me to keep up the good work) and the best teacher ever......Mrs. Vineyard! She is my heart!! I have no clue what I would have done without her and Mrs. Becky. The have become a huge part of my life and I consider them my family!
      Next weekend the Hammond High Interact Club will be hosting a Cure JM fundraiser at the Chappella Sports Complex in Hammond, Louisiana from 11am till 4pm. It is going to be an amazing day with some pretty great people!! The donation is $5 to get into the park and Im sure that you will have a great time!
      Well Last night I had the opportunity of a life time! Mr. Greg and Mrs. Tammy Earls invited me to go up to Mississippi to participate in a jam session that they call a Pick-a-roo. It. Was. Awesome.These guys can really play their instruments like I have never seen before! And you wanna know the best part? I got to spend the evening with my Nana! 
      I'm going to try and wrap this up because yesterday was my moms birthday (she turned 30.....again) and we are going to have lunch with her today. I am just so blessed  to have such an amazing life with so many opportunities. I thank God that he has given me this fighting spirit because it is the reason I am where I am at now. Life has thrown me some curve balls but I know that I am going to go on and do some amazing things.
God bless and all the love in the world from me to you,
Callie Hines

If you would like to see pictures and videos from some of the events I have just mentioned in the blog please visit my Facebook page. The link is under pages on the side bar. Also please remember to share this blog with everyone you know so that we can spread the word about JM! To learn more about the Cure JM foundation please visit www.curejm.org
      

No comments:

Post a Comment